Sign Up for the Next Campout!
- There are a series of exciting campouts coming up in the 2015/2016 scout year, including:
- Summer Camp @Ockanickon PA
June 19 - June 25
- To check out new snippets page, click Here
- Sign up by sending a message to our scoutmaster
Bob Brandt, or just talk to him at an upcoming Troop meeting.
- Also, please check our Calendar page (button at left) for additional information
- Last year we went to "Camp Rock Enon" near
Winchester, VA from July 5-11. See the Photo page for
- We went to Camp Bowman, Goshen from 21-28 June 2014.
The scouts had a great time there, and to see what the scouts did, look on the photos page to see the pictures.
Come to Our Meetings!
- Interested in joining our troop? We meet every Tuesday evening at 7PM
at the Evergreen Fire Station (Map).
The first Tuesday of every month is a "Patrol Leaders Council" planning meeting.
You may want to contact our Scoutmaster, Bob Brandt, beforehand to let him know you are coming.
He can be reached at
- Welcome to Troop 1833’s website!
- Troop 1833 has been a part of Scouting for over 40
years. We are members of the Bull Run District in the
Virginia South field service area of the National Capitol
Area Council (NCAC).
- Our membership is currently about 24 scouts with an
associated team of parent volunteers. Our troop has a strong
high adventure program including trips to Philmont, Sea
Base, climbing, caving and scuba diving.
- The troop is boy-lead unit, and adult managed (primarily
safety and logistics); all youth are encouraged to take a
leadership role in this troop. We believe in strong
leadership training with several of our scouts completing
the Council's leadership training course, Impeesa (NYLT),
every year. We also offer yearly leadership training
weekends for all scouts over 13 years of age. We hold
campouts and events every month. These events include
camping, backpacking, canoeing, downhill skiing, site visits
to the Norfolk Naval Base, Deep Sea Fishing, caving, and
- Please come by and visit, new scouts are always welcome.
Feel free to email me at
Bob Brandt, Scoutmaster