Sign Up for the Next Campout!
- There are a series of exciting campouts coming up in the 2016/2017 scout year, including:
- Summer Camp @Ockanickon PA
June 18 - June 24
- To check out new snippets page, click Here
- Sign up by sending a message to our scoutmaster
Bob Brandt, or just talk to him at an upcoming Troop meeting.
- Also, please check our Calendar page (button at left) for additional information
- Last year we attended Camp
Ockinickon in Pennsylvania. We had so much fun that we
decided to return there again in 2017. We are attending
Summer Camp from 18-24 June.
Come to Our Meetings!
- Interested in joining our Troop? We meet the 2nd and 4th
Tuesday of every month at 7PM at the Evergreen Fire Station
The first Tuesday of every month is a "Patrol Leaders Council" planning meeting. You may want to contact our Scoutmaster, Bob Brandt, beforehand to let him know you are coming.
He can be reached at
- Welcome to Troop 1833’s website!
- Our History
Boy Scout Troop 1833 initially chartered in the mid-1970’s.
They were sponsored by the Bull Run Mountain Civic
Association until 1982 when they moved to the Evergreen
Volunteer Fire and Rescue Station. The Fire Stations was
sponsor to the Troop for over 30 years. The formal agreement
with the station ended in 2016, but Evergreen continues to
offer the Scouts a place to meet and store their equipment.
We are proudly sponsored by the Haymarket Mason’s Lodge 313.
- About The Troop
Our membership is currently about 24 scouts with an
associated team of parent volunteers. Our troop has a strong
high adventure program including trips to Philmont, Sea
Base, climbing, caving and scuba diving.
- The troop is boy-lead unit, and adult managed (primarily
safety and logistics); all youth are encouraged to take a
leadership role in this troop. We believe in strong
leadership training with several of our scouts completing
the Council's leadership training course, Impeesa (NYLT),
every year. We also offer yearly leadership training
weekends for all scouts over 13 years of age. We hold
campouts and events every month. These events include
camping, backpacking, canoeing, downhill skiing, site visits
to the Norfolk Naval Base, Deep Sea Fishing, caving, and
- Please come by and visit, new scouts are always welcome.
Feel free to email me at
Bob Brandt, Scoutmaster