Sign Up for the Next Campout!
- There are a series of exciting campouts coming up in 2014, including:
- Zombie Apocalypse 15-17 Jan
- Troop Ski Trip 24-26 Jan
- Torsk Submarine sleep-in 21-22 Feb
- Sign up by sending a message to
Bob Brandt, or just talk to him at an upcoming Troop meeting.
- Also, please check our Calendar page (button at left) for additional information
- In 2014 we'll be going to Camp Bowman
In Goshen, VA! Interested? Save the date (21-28 June 2014),
and talk to Bob Brandt at an upcoming Troop Meeting
- Summer Camp for 2011 is now in the history books! The
Blue Ridge Mountains
Council Scout Reservation was an ideal facility, and lots of lifelong
memories were made.
- Check out our photo albums for more photos.
Come to Our Meetings!
- Interested in joining our troop? We meet every Tuesday evening at 7PM
at the Evergreen Fire Station (Map).
The first Tuesday of every month is a "Patrol Leaders Council" planning meeting.
You may want to contact our Scoutmaster, Jeff Shapiro, beforehand to let him know you are coming.
He can be reached at
- Welcome to Troop 1833’s website!
- Troop 1833 is one of the fastest growing Boy Scout Troops in Bull
Run District (Western Prince William County, VA). Our membership is
over 40 scouts and a team of over ten trained adult leaders.
Our troop has a strong high adventure program including trips to Philmont, Sea Base,
climbing, caving and scuba diving.
- Our troop will attend Summer Camp this year from 21-28 Jun 2014 at Camp Bowman in Goshen, VA.
There will be lots of activities for both younger and older scouts.
- The troop is a boy-lead unit, all youth are expected to take a leadership
role in this troop. We believe in strong leadership training with
several of our scouts completing the Council's leadership training course,
Impeesa (NYLT), every year. We also offer yearly leadership training weekends
for all scouts over 13 years of age. We hold campouts and events every
month. These events include camping, backpacking, canoeing, downhill
skiing, site visits like the USS New Jersey, Deep Sea Fishing and
- Please come by and visit, new scouts are always welcome. Feel free to
email me at
- Jeff Shapiro, Scoutmaster